There are those who think nothing of booking into a hotel wherever they go because that’s all they think of. They have never known anything else, and so – sadly – they miss out on the most convenient and affordable vacation accommodations available. But for those people in the know, there is no place like home…and there is no reason not to sleep in a real home while away from your own.
Let’s take a look at six great reasons why|are happy to provide a list of 6 reasons|have innumerated six compelling reasons why[/spin] a vacation villa should be your first choice for accommodation wherever you travel
1. If you travel with an entourage – friends, family, pets – a vacation villa rental allows you room for everyone. In fact, there might even be a room for each of you. No more fighting over who gets the pillow. Or who gets the bed. Or who sleeps on the floor with Rover. Everyone gets the bed! Everyone gets a room.
2. In fairness, a villa rental is not very economical if you travel alone. It does cost more than a hotel room. But if you travel in packs, get ready to howl at the savings. Not only can a group of 4-6 people fit comfortably into even the smallest rental villa, but it will often cost less per person than forking out for a couple hotel rooms for the week.
3. But the savings don’t end there. Have you ever calculated the cost of eating at restaurants. There is usually at least one meal for four that weighs in around $100 when tip and tax is added in. Plus breakfast. Plus lunch. Plus snacks. (Yeah, you get hungry between meals, too.) Well, it all adds up, doesn’t it? Or a you can spend more reasonable $50 a day on groceries made to your own taste, where you know they are made nutritious, where you know you won’t get food poisoning and where you can relax in privacy.
4. I said “privacy”, not “piracy”. Yes, there is much more privacy in a villa rental than in a tiny hotel room squished between two other rooms, where people knock on the door and sing in the hall, where the maid comes in and you just don’t know where to hide your purse or other valuables. A vacation villa is as private as your house.
5. The flip side of privacy is freedom.Queue the national anthem. Raise a cheer – Yay, freedom. Now that is what a vacation is all about. There is nobody blaring music until 3:00 am…unless you want there to be. Go ahead, you won’t be disturbing anybody. Just make sure the windows are all shut and play the TV, the stereo, the video games. It’s your vacation; have some fun.
6. Yes, I did say stereo and I did say TV and I did say video games, and I might have mentioned the private pool and maybe even a pool table. No hotel room comes with as many amenities as the typical vacation rental. That fight over who gets to use the hotel room bathroom last summer? The one that left you with a permanent limp? Let bygones be bygones – this year you can just use the other bathroom in your much-better-equipped vacation villa.
Pocket the savings…or re-invest them at another week of relaxation in your villa getaway. Ah, the pure luxury of a villa rental makes a hotel look downright… barbaric.